The Old School House, Church Brow, Walton le Dale
885 m² ( 9,528 ft² )
The property is located within Walton le Dale being an attractive village less than 2 miles south east of Preston City Centre.
The premises front Church Brow immediately adjacent to St Leonards Church in a predominantly residential area with an abundance of trees making for an attractive outlook to both the front and rear.
Church Brow connects with Victoria Road and then London Road with Capitol Retail Park providing retail and leisure facilities being within a short walk from the property.
The property comprises a detached two-storey building of cut stone construction beneath both pitched slate and flat roof. The property is constructed in two parts, being the original building dating back to 1835 and more recent addition dating back to the 1970’s.
The original element of the building was formerly used as meeting/function rooms and offices whilst the more recent extension used as 2 squash courts.
Parts of the property are derelict and in a poor state of repair mainly forming part of the newer extension.
Externally there is a mixed grass and hardcore surfaced area to the north, south and west elevations. The elevation to the east follows the building footprint although pedestrian access will be provided in addition to access for maintenance and repairs along with the right to erect scaffolding or similar during the construction programme subject to standard provisions.