Former St Laurence’s Church, Edward Street, Morecambe
Former Church with Development Potential S.T.P
709 m² ( 7,632 ft² )
The Church occupies a substantial portion of the block surrounded by Chapel Street, New Street and fronting onto Edward Street adjacent to Morecambe Town Centre.
Whilst the immediate location is predominantly residential the location lies a short distance from the Promenade and a range of amenities together with the Telephone Exchange Public Car Park being positioned immediately to the rear. The Arndale Morecambe Bay Shopping Centre and Central Retail Park located close by in either direction.
A substantial detached former Church dating back to 1878 being Grade II Listed. It is of stone construction beneath tiled roof.
The property is generally open plan albeit with some separate annexes in addition to a cellar which we understand formerly housed the boiler room.
The former main church area benefits from an eaves height of approximately 11.3 metres.